School Dinners and Free School Meals
Our school meals are cooked onsite by the catering team. The 2020/21 cost of the meal is £2.20 per day. This includes a main meal, desert and a drink. Salad, fresh fruit, bread and drinking water is freely available every day. Themed lunches are offered on a monthly basis for primary schools to create a fun eating experience and to build interest in the food offering.
Please follow this link to find specific information about school dinner menus - School Dinner Menu
Free School Meals
All children aged 3 to 18 at Derbyshire nurseries or schools can get a free meal if they qualify.
- Universal Credit, provided they have an annual net earned income not exceeding £7,400 (£616.67 per month)
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseekers Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- support under Part 6 of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- the guarantee element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190) as assessed by HMRC
- Working Tax Credit run-on (paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit)
We encourage all families to register regardless of whether they believe they may be eligible.
Pupils are all offered the same food and sit in the same area to eat. They don't have to have them every day, but it will save you money and time in making a packed lunch.
You could save over £400 a year and benefit your child's school too. Schools will receive pupil premium of £1,000 from the government for each child eligible for free school meals which is used for additional teaching resources.Please follow this link to apply for Free School Meals -
Free School Meal Application
Please don't hesitate to contact the school if you need any help or assistance with completing this form.
Hugh Lane, Hope Valley, Derbyshire, S33 9JB